September 2016 saw the launch of a new online radio station, Worldwide FM, led by DJ/broadcaster Gilles Peterson. This is your opportunity to be at the heart of the station’s organisation as it grows, ensuring the smooth running of an exciting and unique new radio venture.
This role requires three key parts:
Management and implementation of WWFM’s social media strategy
Photography - managing the photographic elements of the station
Graphic design - producing visual content
What the job involves:
1. Management and implementation of WWFM’s social media strategy
Managing our social media strategy across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and beyond, for live shows, on-demand content and re-loops. This will also include copywriting and publishing content on worldwidefm.net, liaising with guests and hosts to ensure content exposure is maximised, as well as analysing performance and introducing innovative approaches to increase reach and engagement.
2. Photography - managing the photographic elements of the station
Every day Worldwide FM has new guests arriving to appear on air. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for taking these photos and editing them for use online and engaging guests to use the assets for their own networks. A solid understanding of photography and use of Lightroom/Photoshop is a must.
3. Graphic Design
For the production of online e-flyers and assets for guests and events, you must have a solid grasp of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, with an ability to produce assets for campaigns simply and quickly.
What we’re looking for?
- An ability to manage a busy social media schedule for a growing radio platform, dealing with both live and on-demand campaigns. Previous work experience in social media is essential.
Supreme organisational skills and methodical working practices, with an attention to detail and an ability to multi-task.
An ability to liaise, both internally with the curation team and station controller, as well as with external artists, DJs and management.
A sound understanding of social media trends and best practices for each of our target platforms
An ability to produce photographic and design content quickly and to a high standard
A keen interest in the areas of music the station will focus on and the presenters, guests and hosts that pass through everyday
A passion for written communication and awareness on maintaining a consistent tone that reflects the station.
A creative mind and an ability to think outside the box to create unique and engaging content that reflects the character and output of the station.
How to apply:
- Send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please cover the following points:
- Detail one recent social media trend you're enjoying at the moment, and one that you can't stand.
- Detail a previous social media campaign/project you've worked on that you're most proud of.
- Detail one new idea you'd bring to the social media output at Worldwide FM.
- Deadline: Sunday 23rd October
Salary: dependent on experience.