We are offering a four month part-time voluntary placement, providing radio enthusiasts the opportunity to learn and gain first-hand experience of assisting with the running of a live radio station.
This internship will provide opportunities to gain experience across the various areas of radio, including:
- Studio assisting with live radio shows and play-listing.
- On-demand content: editing and uploading to Mixcloud & worldwidefm.net.
- Social media: learning about and assisting with the creation, publishing and scheduling of digital marketing content.
- Radio delivery: learning about and assisting with music reporting.
- Editorial : writing copy for the website.
We’re looking for candidates who have the following:
- An interest in radio, underground music, Brownswood and Gilles Peterson.
- An awareness of the online music landscape and social media trends.
- Copywriting experience.
- Well-versed with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Wordpress and Mixcloud.
- An interest and basic knowledge of audio production (Ableton and Audition)
- Administrative attention to detail, with an ability to complete paperwork accurately, consistently and efficiently.
- Additional skills in copywriting, design, and video production are also a bonus.
- There are 2 and 3 day a week positions available, each lasting 4 months.
- These placements will be based in Worldwide FM's London studios.
If you’d like to apply, please send your CV and a 150 word covering letter to email@example.com, detailing what you feel the future of radio looks like and what your perfect show on Worldwide FM would look like.
Deadline for submissions: 9pm on 16th July 2017.
Interviews take place 20th and 21st July 2017 (we'll email you on 17th July to arrange)
Internship begins Mon 31st July 2017 and ends Friday 1st December 2017.